Belated 'Palooza this week due to the doubleheader on Friday. Series finale isn't on until later as the ESPN Sunday night game, so if you're not an NFL fan, here's the best links of the week to get through your afternoon: - On Monday, Mike Axisa of RAB showed how Betances and D-Rob have become a new (and better) version of '96 Mo and Wetteland, and argued that the tandem should be kept together.
- On Tuesday, Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley reviewed the biggest highlights of the 2014 MiL season.
- Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily listed the top organizational second base prospects. It's a slightly deeper list than the one for first base.
- On Thursday, Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes called for Kevin Long to be fired. Have to thank that's a call that's going to get real loud once this season is over.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud mused on the depth problem in right field that Carlos Beltran's injury has caused and how it could continue into next season.
- On Friday, SJK of NoMaas applauded Mark Newman's announcement that he was stepping down as VP of baseball ops and called for a big change in naming his successor.
- Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits wondered if re-signing David Robertson would be the right decision.
- On Saturday, el duque of It Is High... threw in the towel on the rest of this season and woefully predicted the continuation of this outdated organizational path in 2015.
- Jed Weisberger of Pinstriped Prospects called for Bryan Mitchell to get more starts over the final 2 weeks for 2015 evaluation purposes.
- Earlier this morning, Michael Gwizdala of Bronx Pinstripes looked back at the history of all-time Yankee greats and their final seasons in pinstripes.
From the IIATMS team:
- A double dip on Mark Teixeira posts. On Tuesday, Katie Sharp investigated whether Teix is finally figuring out how to beat the shift. A welcome change this would certainly be.
- Yesterday, William Tasker pointed out the negative trend in Teix's first pitch approach and how it's negatively impacting his overall production.
- On Wednesday, Matt Bove mused on Victor Martinez as a free agent option to upgrade the offense.
- Stacey and Dom pumped out the latest edition of the IIATMS Podcast, and even dragged E.J. Fagan out of hiding to get in on the discussion.
I haven't gone to the hip-hop well since I brought the 'Palooza over to IIATMS. My typical go-to for that is Biggie and that's what I'm doing today. If you aren't a rap fan, I don't know what to tell you.
Enjoy your Sunday, everybody. Game thread will be up later tonight.