Happy Halloween, everybody. We had power outages at my office all morning, so clearly the place is either haunted or somebody with good electrical skills is having some fun. I don't know when trick-or-treating before Halloween became a thing, but the designated night for it in my new neighborhood was last Sunday. We bought 3 or 4 bags of candy to make sure we had enough for the inevitable bum rush in the afternoon. Got no kids. None. Didn't bother me because I hate kids, but it would have been nice to unload some of that candy on them. I've become way too familiar with Snickers Peanut Butter Squared minis this week. Now onto the links! - On Tuesday, Mike Axisa of RAB reviewed the Yankees' team and individual outfield defense in 2014. Getting better in right should be a priority for 2015, but it won't be.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud weighed the options the Yankees have to address third base next season.
- On Wednesday, Jason Cohen of Pinstripe Alley proposed outright releasing A-Rod as a way for the Yankees to truly improve at third base this year and beyond.
- On Thursday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits took a statistical trend tour of Kevin Long's time as Yankee hitting coach to see if there was anything to be seen in the numbers.
- SJK of NoMaas explained very simply why Brandon McCarthy makes more sense as a rotation upgrade this offseason than his higher-priced FA brethren.
- El duque of It Is High... wrapped up the season with a beautiful, poignant, touching poem.
From the IIATMS crew:
- On Monday, Scott mused on the idea of moving the Rays (or any MLB team really) to Puerto Rico.
- I looked back at the 10-year A-Rod deal and how it's worked out for the Yankees since re-signing him.
- On Tuesday, I did the same thing with CC Sabathia.
Got some Action Bronson for this week's tune. Need something to dance to if you're going out tonight.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody. Maybe we'll have a new hitting coach by Monday.