Everybody's still buzzing from yesterday's big Phelps-Prado-Eovaldi-Jones trade, which obviously was a much bigger deal than the weekly links post. I think EJ and Scott's posts on the deal were outstanding and I encourage everyone to read those below and comment if you haven't already. It's hands down the best analysis of this deal you're going to read anywhere. Now onto the links! - On Monday, Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily published the list of guys who missed the cut for his annual top 50 prospects list. Guess it's time to start thinking about when we do the IIATMS Top 30.
- On Tuesday, el duque of It Is High... expressed his disappointment with getting Chase Headley instead of other younger options.
- On Wednesday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Pundits dug into some troubling swing trends from Didi Greogrius in 2014 and what they mean for his development and offensive ceiling going forward.
- Mike Axisa of RAB profiled lefty relief prospect Tyler Webb. If nothing else, you gotta love the guy's name.
- Chad Jennings of LoHud ran through the good and bad of the organizational rotation depth.
- On Thursday, Matt Provenzano of Pinstripe Alley explained why the Yankees should not sign James Shields.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, I analyzed Didi Gregorius' performance against left-handed pitching to date to see if there was at least something to work with.
- On Thursday, Scott evaluated Mike Mussina's HOF case in comparison to similar pitchers to show how he's not just a stat compiler like some people believe.
This week's tuneage comes from Royal Blood. I'm tragically late to the party on these guys, but I've given the album a few listens in the last week and it's prettay, prettay, prettay good stuff. They're opening for the Foo Fighters on their next tour, which isn't a bad gig to get in your first year of existence as a band. Kinda like Jeter getting the starting shortstop job in his rookie year and winning a World Series title.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.