Hear ye, hear ye! Let this serve as the official announcement that next week will be Prospect Week here at IIATMS. We'll keep up with regular Yankee coverage, but the bulk of the focus next week will be prospect-centric, all culminating in the release of the 2015 IIATMS Top 30 Prospects list. So tell your family, tell your friends, tell your family's friends and your friends' families, because this thing is going to be HYYYYUUUUUUUUUGE. Now onto the links! - On Monday, Greg Corcoran of Bronx Basebally Daily identified SS Jorge Mateo as another breakout prospect candidate in 2015.
- On Wednesday, Chad Jennings of LoHud made the case for why Brendan Ryan should keep his roster spot. I don't necessarily agree with him, but I'm willing to wait and see how ST plays out.
- Michael Axisa of RAB discussed the multiple reasons why picking a defined closer matters for the Yankees.
- El duque of It Is High... mused on the 3 big possibilities that remain this offseason and how they will ultimately determine how successful the offseason was for Cash.
- Ken Rosenthal and Jon Morosi of FOX Sports had the deets on the new pitch clock experiment in the Minors. I don't agree with this idea either. Don't like it at all.
- On Thursday, Buster Olney revealed his top 10 team defense rankings. Sorry, this one's Insider-only too, but he ranked the Yankees 10th and really likes the upgrades around the infield.
- Daniel Burch of The Greedy Pinstripes wondered if the Yankees should extend young starters Michael Pineda and Nathan Eovaldi now. Might not be a bad idea.
- On Friday, Chris Mitchell of Pinstripe Alley broke down the advanced numbers to determine just how good Chase Headley is defensively.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Tuesday, I looked at the current organizational catching landscape after this offseason's moves.
- Last but definitely not least, a retired teacher named Richard Albero has come up with a really cool concept to raise money for the Wounder Warrior Project. Starting on March 2nd, he's going to walk from Steinbrenner Field in Tampa to Yankee Stadium in New York. He's looking to raise $25,000 for WWP, so if you'd like to contribute and read more about this truly awesome endeavor, check out Richard's Yankees Walk of Honor at http://richardsyankeeswalk.org/.
We're going to get a little loose and a little groovy this afternoon with some ELP. If you can't dig it, then sucks for you.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.