So that post I wrote this morning? That was all the mental energy I had for the day apparently. It's been a real struggle since then, so don't hold it against me if there are typos or words that don't make sense in this post. I guess being back under the glaring fluorescent office lighting sucked whatever good energy I did have in me when I woke up this morning. Gotta love that cube monkey life. Now onto the links! - On Tuesday, Chad Jennings of LoHud laid out all the options the Yankees have to handle left-handed hitters out of the bullpen this year, including their group of right-handed relievers who handle lefties pretty well.
- On Wednesday, Derek Albin of Pinstripe Pundits examined the "is it worth it to sign James Shields?" question from all angles. Definitely a good read if you want to factor in the value of the draft pick.
- Andrew, Tanya, and Jason of Pinstripe Alley unveiled their 2015 Top 20 Prospects list. It's a solid list, and personally I was stoked to see Brady Lail make it.
- Michael Axisa of RAB looked back at Willie Randolph's under-appreciated Yankee career, one that makes him arguably the best second baseman in team history.
- William Juliano of The Captain's Blog set the record straight on MLB's blackout policy and how it actually works to help baseball fans.
- On Thursday, Greg Corcoran of Bronx Baseball Daily identified 20-year-old outfielder Dustin Fowler as a wild card prospect for 2015. Cue the Charlie Kelly clip.
- Bob Raissman of The Daily News got John Sterling's thoughts on Alex Rodriguez heading into this season, and revealed that A-Rod offered his place in Manhattan to Sterling as a place to stay after that fire wiped out Sterling's apartment.
- On Friday, el duque of It Is High... evaluated Miguel Andujar in the context of the Yankees' poor history of developing corner infielders. Sure would be nice if Andujar broke the chain of mediocrity.
- David Waldstein of The NY TImes did an excellent profile piece on Rob Refsnyder, tracing his off-the-beaten-path personal history and journey to the brink of MLB.
From the IIATMS team:
- On Monday, EJ debunked the idea that expansion will help boost offense in MLB. In a related story, EJ is way smarter than I am.
- On Thursday, Dom reviewed the Yankees' top 10 prospects list from 10 years ago to see how that group panned out. I don't know about you, but I saw more good MLB talent there than most people give the Yankee system credit for.
This week's jam is coming straight out of the Super Bowl halftime playlist. I loved the halftime show. Loved it. I've always been a closet Katy Perry fan and I'm not afraid to admit that I think "Teenage Dream" is a killer pop song. Can't get enough of it. I sing it out loud every time it comes on in my car. I was glad she worked it into the set and now we're all going to get to enjoy the full tune one more time today.
Enjoy your weekends, everybody.